April 24th, 2016
Welcome... Our InnerSelf welcomes your Inner Self.
As I read Pam's astrological journal while preparing it to go online, I was struck at how the themes that she highlights for the week tie in perfectly with our articles. Of course, because the articles for InnerSelf are selected and scheduled intuitively, the Universe has a master hand in the divine timing and synchronicity. Yet, every week I see the connection between the energies "forecasted" for the coming week, and the articles that were selected to be shared with you.
Let me share some examples as I quote from Pam's column:
1) Pam speaks of "a way of perceiving reality that enables us to find meaning and purpose in life's events" which ties in with Karen Casey's article You Were Sent Here To Fulfill Your Potential. Karen writes: "not one of our relationships is accidental. Each one has been preplanned for the lesson we both agreed to experience." And thus we find meaning and purpose in all our encounters, whether they were joyful and loving or not.
2) Quoting again from the astrological journal, Pam speaks of "merging ourselves in between the spaces of dense reality and experiencing direct contact with the subject." This leads us to the article by Joshua Greene in which he speaks of his experience in India in realizing that consciousness resides in animals, not just humans. Read about his encounter with a cow and her calf in Redefining Self, Redefining Food: Vegetarianism and Yoga.
3) Pam's column goes on to speak of an alignment that will "help us ground our spiritual practice and bring it 'down to earth' so that it has more tangible benefits in our daily lives." This energy relates directly to the article that was used for today's (Sunday) Daily Inspiration: Integrating Spiritual Practice In Daily Life as well as to Dan Millman's Moving Beyond Self-Improvement to Transcendence
4) As I continue to peruse Pam's column, the next synchronicity is in an aspect that "requires an adjustment in how we assert ourselves, so that the ego's need to be 'right' doesn't interfere with the potential for positive outcomes." This line brought to mind this week's article by Jude Bijou, Learn The Art of the Apology and Feel the Love... because, as we sometimes "fall off the wagon" of love and acceptance, we may find ourselves in situations where we need to apologize and seek forgiveness and understanding.
Get The Latest From InnerSelf
While you may not be a fan (or believer) of astrology, it's interesting (at least for me) to see how everything in the Universe connects to everything else. We are not separated. We go through similar experiences and similar challenges. The article Dream Yoga: The Practice of Waking Up ties in to the last segment of Pam's column which deals with the fact that the "more awakened aspect of our being knows that in truth, things must be believed to be seen." Our doubts are a major barrier in our experiencing the life we dream of.
This brings us full circle to our other astrological contributor, Sarah Varcas, who writes about "embracing our own darkness and coming back into a state of balance" in the article: Full Moon in Scorpio: Authentic Love Is Not the Love of Fairy Tales.
I resume it all with a quote from Dan Milman's article:
"Innumerable sages, mystics, and clerics in holy orders, who have devoted their lives to the quest for Spirit, God, or Truth, report how the “gates of heaven” appeared as they broke through the illusions of conventional mind... They call us to turn our eyes upward toward our spiritual purpose even as we live our day-to-day lives; to merge heaven and earth with a leap of faith; to live with our heads in the clouds and our feet on the ground."
Wishing you enjoyable insightful reading, and of course a wonder-full, joy-full, and loving week.
Marie T. Russell
P.S. And, as usual, we have numerous additional articles for your reading pleasure. Scroll down for the links to all of them.
* Please use this Amazon link if you shop at Amazon. Your cost is the same and we receive approx. 5% in commission.
*Thank you for visiting our advertisers...
* Please share our articles with your friends on social media and otherwise.
We also welcome (and invite) any feedback... To send us your comments, hover over the "This and That" item in every page's top menu, and click on the "Contact Us" button.
EDITOR'S CHOICE ARTICLES
If Earth is a school, then what does graduation feel like? What’s waiting for you on the mountaintop? Could your life be more mysterious than you can see from the valley of conventional awareness?
Read article here: Moving Beyond Self-Improvement to Transcendence
Many people say their lives are so busy that they don’t have time for meditation. Yet every living being must sleep. During sleep time, we don’t schedule meetings or have appointments to keep. The time is ours, and is usually subject to the mindless, random chaos of our undisciplined minds.
Read article here: Dream Yoga: The Practice of Waking Up
The Moon is full in the 3rd degree of Scorpio at 5:25 UT on the 22nd of April 2016. It reminds us of the power of love to see us through darkness and its iconoclastic role in these changing times.
Read article here: Full Moon in Scorpio: Authentic Love Is Not the Love of Fairy Tales
Written by Joshua M. Greene.
A friend of mine--a much-loved teacher of Bhakti Yoga, the yoga of devotion--told me about the day he became vegetarian. Becoming vegetarian had less to do with health than realizing consciousness is active in all creatures big and small.
Read article here: Redefining Self, Redefining Food: Vegetarianism and Yoga
Perhaps you have never considered that you have unrealized potential. After all, many of us have arrived at the final quarter of our lives. Aren’t we done yet? Haven’t we spent ourselves? The fortunate answer is no.
Read article here: You Were Sent Here To Fulfill Your Potential
What’s the downside to not apologizing? Little by little, not fixing our wrongs becomes a pattern. In our relationships it destroys trust, openness, and true closeness. We carry this secret burden and it nags at us.
Read article here: Learn The Art of the Apology and Feel the Love
This weekly column (updated every Sunday afternoon) is based on planetary influences, and offers perspectives and insights to assist you in making the best use of current energies... Read more
It is also highly beneficial to reread the past week's astrological journal as it gives a hindsight view of the events that took place and may provide many "ah-ha" insights.
The "Living in Harmony" section includes articles on Health & Well-Being, Home & Garden, Pets, Leisure & Creativity, Finance & Careers, and Science and Technology.
The "Personal Development" area covers Attitude Adjustments (which includes Fear, Anger, Gratitude, Forgiveness), Relationships & Parenting, Spirituality & Mindfulness (including Meditation), Intuition & Awareness (including astrology), and Happiness & Success.
"Social & Political" covers topics that affect us personally yet deal with a more "societal" or "political" sphere. This area covers Environment & Climate, Democracy, Justice, Inequality, Economy, and more. These topics are very relevant for our communal journey on Planet Earth.
EDITOR'S CHOICE VIDEOS
To see videos added this week, go to the Video Home Page or
HELPFUL INNERSELF LINKS:
Please use this link to shop at Amazon