There's an innate creativity flowing through you, and if you let it out, it will surprise and delight you. You're tapped in to the creative flow of energy in the Universe. Some of you may express yourself more creatively than others, but everyone can do it.
If you say, "I am not creative," then that's an affirmation that will be true for you for as long as you continue to use it. You can never express yourself creatively by talking or thinking about what a klutz you are.
We create our lives every day. Each of us has unique talents and abilities. Unfortunately, too many of us had well-meaning adults stifle that creativity when we were children. I had a teacher who once told me I couldn't dance because I was too tall. A friend was told he couldn't draw because he drew the wrong tree. It's all so silly. But we were obedient children and believed the messages. Now we can go beyond them.
Another false assumption is that you must be an artist to be creative. That's just one form of creativity, and there are so many more. You're creating every moment of your life -- from the most common, ordinary creation of new cells in your body, to your emotional responses, to your present job, to your bank account, to your relationships with friends, and to your very attitudes about yourself. It's all creativity.
Also, you could be a really good bed maker, you could cook delicious food, you could do your job creatively, you could be an artist in the garden, or you could be inventive in the ways in which you're kind to others. These are a few of the millions of ways of expressing oneself creatively. No matter which way you choose, you'll want to feel satisfaction and be deeply fulfilled by all that you do.
You're divinely guided by Spirit at all times. Know that Spirit makes no mistakes. When there's a strong desire within you to express or create something, know that this feeling is Divine discontent. Your longing is your calling and no matter what it is, if you go with it, you'll be guided, guarded, and assured of success. When a purpose or path is laid before you, you have the choice to just trust and let it flow, or remain stuck in fear. Trusting the perfection that resides within you is the key. I know that it can be frightening! Everybody is afraid of something, but you can do it anyway. Remember, the Universe loves you and wants you to succeed at everything you do.
You're expressing yourself creatively every moment of every day. You're being you in your own unique way. Knowing that, you can now release any false mental beliefs that you're not creative, and go forward with each and every project that comes to mind.
Never make the mistake of thinking that you're too old for anything. My own life didn't begin to have meaning until I was in my mid 40s, when I started teaching. At age 50, I started my publishing company on a very small scale. At 55, I ventured into the world of computers, taking classes and overcoming my fear of them. At 60, I started my first garden and have become an avid organic gardener who grows her own food.
At 70, I enrolled in a children's art class. A few years later, I totally changed my handwriting -- I became inspired by author Vimala Rodgers, who wrote Your Handwriting Can Change Your Life. At 75, I graduated to an adult art class and have started to sell my paintings. My current art teacher wants me to get involved with sculpture next. And recently, I took up yoga, and my body is making positive changes.
A few months ago, I decided to stretch myself in areas that scared me, and I took up ballroom dancing. Now I'm taking several classes a week, and I'm fulfilling my childhood dream of learning to dance.
I love to learn things I haven't experienced. Who knows what I'll do in the future? What I do know is that I'll be doing my affirmations and expressing new creativity until the day I leave this planet.
If there's a particular project you want to work on, or if you just want to be more creative in general, then you can use some of the following affirmations. Use them joyously as you release your creativity in a million and one different projects.
* I release all resistance to expressing my creativity fully.
* I am always in touch with my creative source.
* I create easily and effortlessly when I let my thoughts come from the loving space of my own heart.
* I do something new or at least different -- every day.
* There is ample time and opportunity for creative expression in whatever area I choose.
* My family totally supports me in fulfilling my dreams.
* All of my creative projects bring me great satisfaction.
* I know that I can create miracles in my life.
* I feel good expressing myself in all sorts of creative ways.
* I am my own unique self: special, creative, and wonderful.
* I direct my creative talents toward music, art, dance, writing -- anything that gives my pleasure.
* The key to creativity is knowing that my thinking creates my experience. I use this key in every area of my life.
* I am a clear thinker, and I express myself with ease.
* I am learning to be more creative every day.
* My job allows me to express my talents and abilities, and I rejoice in this employment.
* I am discovering talents I did not know I had.
* My potential is unlimited.
* My innate creativity surprises and delights me.
* I am safe, and I am fulfilled in all that I do.
* My talents are in demand, and my unique gifts are appreciated by those around me.
* My heart is the center of my power. I follow my heart.
* I am a joyous, creative expression of life.
* Ideas come to me easily and effortlessly.
Reprinted with permission of the publisher,
Hay House, Inc. ©2004. www.hayhouse.com
I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life
by Louise L. Hay.
In this concise yet information-packed book—which you can listen to on the included audio download or read at your leisure—bestselling author LOUISE HAY shows you that you “can do it”—that is, change and improve virtually every aspect of your life—by understanding and using affirmations correctly. Louise explains that every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation. Even your self-talk, your internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations. You’re affirming and creating your life experiences with every word and thought.
Info/Order this hardcover book or download the Kindle edition. Also available in card deck format.
LOUISE L. HAY (October 8, 1926 – August 30, 2017) was a metaphysical lecturer and teacher and the best selling author of numerous books, including You Can Heal Your Life and Empowering Women. Her works have been translated into 26 different languages in 35 countries throughout the world. Louise was the founder and chairman of Hay House, Inc., a publishing company that disseminates books, audios, and videos that contribute to the healing of the planet.