Well-Known Entrepreneur and Environmentalist Ted Turner Shares His Voluntary Initiatives
Ted Turner has conquered the business world. Now he wants to help save the world. Watch as he shares a list of voluntary initiatives he believes would help conserve valuable natural resources and restore peace and harmony to earth. Be inspired to make a difference.
These are the ten voluntary initiatives as shared by Ted in his Oprah Women's Network interview (seen in the video below):
1. I promise to care for planet earth and all living things thereon, especially my fellow human beings.
2. I promise to treat all persons everywhere with dignity, respect, and friendliness.
3. I promise to have no more than one or two children.
4. I promise to use my best efforts to help save what is left of our natural world in its undisturbed state and to restore degraded areas.
5. I promise to use as little of our nonrenewable resources as possible.
6. I promise to minimize my use of toxic chemicals, pesticides, and other poisons and encourage others to do the same.
7. I promise to contribute to those less fortunate, to help them become self-sufficient and to enjoy the benefits of a decent life, including clean air and water, adequate food, health care, housing, education, and individual rights.
8. I reject the use of force, in particular military force, and I support the United Nations arbitration of international disputes.
9. I support the total elimination of all nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and ultimately the elimination of all weapons of mass destruction.
10. I support the United Nations in its efforts to improve the condition of the planet.